Compatibility : Windows XP SP2+, Vista (32/64 bit), Windows 7 / Windows 8 (32/64 bit) and Mac
PC Companion is a software that acts as a portal to Sony Ericsson and operator features and applications, such as phone firmware updates, online user service connections, and the Sony Ericsson support and user guides. More applications can be downloaded and added when made available by Sony Ericsson or the operator.
‘Xperia Transfer’ allows iPhone users to move content to a new Sony Xperia device:
- Internet broadband connection
- Intel® Pentium® 4, 3.6 GHz or equivalent AMD processor
- 500 MB free hard disk space
- 2 GB RAM
- 1 available USB 2.0 port and USB cable
- Microsoft® Windows XP™ SP2 (32 bit), Vista (32/64 bit), Windows 7 (32/64 bit) or Windows 8 (32/64 bit)
1. Download the installation package to a temporary folder on your PC.
2. Run the downloaded file, and follow the instructions that appear.
How to use
1.Connect the USB cable to your computer and then to the phone.
2. On the phone: Mount the memory card by dragging the status bar on the phone downwards and then tap USB Connected > Mount.
3. Wait for the phone to connect and automatically start PC Companion.
4. From the Dashboard, select the applications to start different services and get information
Note: If PC Companion doesn’t find your phone within 30 seconds, disconnect the phone and redo step 1 to 3.
Sony Ericsson Bridge for Mac
Sony Ericsson Bridge for Mac lets you transfer photos, music, videos and podcasts between your phone and iTunes, iPhoto or a custom folder on your Mac. Separate files can also be transferred between your phone and Mac by using “drag and drop” in a file browser.
MacOS version 10.5.x or later.
1 GHz processor (Intel)
512 MB RAM
40 MB hard-disk space for program installation
iTunes 7.0 or later
iPhoto version 08 or later
1. Download the application to your Macintosh computer and note the location.
2. If nothing happens after the download has finished you need to manually locate the downloaded “Sony Bridge for Mac.dmg” file. Double-click to mount it.
3. When prompted, drag the Sony Bridge for Mac icon onto your Applications folder.
4. The disk image can now be ejected since it is not needed anymore when the application has been installed.
5. You will find Sony Ericsson Bridge for Mac in your Applications folder. Double-click to start.
6. The application will start in the language selected on your computer. To change language prioritization, see the manual for the computer.
7. You will see the End-User License Agreement window. Please read carefully and click Agree to continue.
How to use
For further information on using Sony Ericsson Bridge for Mac together with your phone please see User Guide.